White House Custom Colour (WHCC) is currently looking for a Software Engineer for our Eagan, MN location. WHCC is the leading provider of printed products to professional photographers in the US. The software development team supports internal desktop and web applications that support the business and external Mac and Windows applications clients use to interact with WHCC.
We are looking for a person that is passionate about building solutions and solving problems. We want you to come into work everyday excited and looking forward to the various challenges that you will face. You have an eye for quality and efficiency, and approach the solutions from the mind of the user, not what is easiest to program.
Essential Functions include the following:
- Work collaboratively with technical and business team members to design, develop, and maintain leading edge solutions.
- Design and develop applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, and performance.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle, focusing on coding, testing, and debugging.
- Formulate concepts and ideas for additional products, tools and services that can be provided in the digital space.
- Set and adhere to software coding and style guides to ensure consistency.
- Participate in pairing and code reviews.
Technical and Non-Technical Competencies:
- You appreciate brilliant design aesthetics.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, e-commerce environment.
- You have an interest in photography and want to enable the production of awesome products in the photographic industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of C# in the Microsoft Visual Studio environment.
- Hands on experience with agile methodologies and test driven development.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Experience building and deploying applications to a cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or Google Cloud).
- Experience with consuming and designing RESTful Web Services.